Designer See Us Lapinlahti is an experiential event that brings together mental health promotion through the arts and fashion. The opening event will be held on 6.8.2022. After that some of the costumes and art will be on display in the gallery of Lapinlahden Lähde. Where – Helsinki, Finland An outdoor event at the courtyard of Lapinlahden Lähde, Helsinki
Address: Lapinlahdenpolku 8, 00180 Helsinki. For who – See Us – Lapinlahti is for anyone who is seeking information about mental health, is interested in arts and culture, part of the fashion industry, wants to support open discussion and is looking for networking opportunities. This is the place to get inspired. From who – From people to people. Our team consists of three fashion designers and one event coordinator. Three fashion designers Krista Virtanen, Anna Palmén and Kati Määttä have good networks in the Finnish fashion field. They have worked with numerous photographers, stylists, make-up artists and artists and produced the annual KOE fashion show. Event coordinator Hannah Hietala works closely with young Finnish artists and events, which expands the event’s coverage of the creative field. She is one of the people behind the Emmi From Finland collective whose mission is to make the world a better place. Values – For the common good! Our mission is to bring art to the people through the project, to increase its value and to promote mental health through it. The values of our project are equality and fairness; we want to allow everyone to experience art and culture regardless of a person’s background. We believe we need more sense of community and creating culture is one of the most effective ways to do it!
Designers open call!
DESIGNER OPEN CALL TO SEE US EVENT IS NOW OVER!
Application time from 1st of March - to 22th of March 2022. We will contact all applicants no later than April 1, 2022 and let everyone know in person if they will be selected.
Are you a fashion and clothing designer or are you currently studying in the clothing field and interested in promoting mental health through the creative industry? Do you want to promote fashion as part of the art field and make it more visible to a wider audience? Apply involved in the fashion show at the See Us event!
The fashion show includes various entrances, such as a common entrance for smaller collections as well as entrances for larger collections.
There is free entry to the event and also influencers from the fashion industry will be invited to the event.
What are the expectations of the applicant?
- Suitable education background for designing and manufacturing the collection
- An independent and self-initiated approach to work with collection and commitment to the show
- Creativity and passion to design a fashion collection
- Values for sustainable development
What do we offer for applicants?
- Participation in the fashion show as a designer without fee
- On the fashion show, we serve models, makeup & hair team, dressers and dining during the day
- You will get visibility. The event will be live-streamed and we produce material for social media before, during the event day and after. Example we will make a highlight from each designer to our social media before the event. There will be the fashion show photographer and behind the scenes photographer on our behalf, photographic materials are made available to the designers use, subject to appropriate credits.
The theme of the event is mental health and its promotion and prevention through art and culture. You can create a collection that suits the theme from your own perspective, inspired by the theme.
Materials and collection costs:
Each designer is responsible for the materials and manufacturing of their own collection. See Us doesn’t pay for collections.
What the application requires:
- We require participants to introduce themselves freely
- An explanation of the subject of your collection as well as a moodboard
- CV and pictures from previous works (portfolio is optional)
- Let us know if you are participating in the common entrance with a smaller collection, in which case your collection will include three (3) outfits or do you participate with your own entrance (larger), in which case we require the collection to have at least six outfits (6).
Terms of participation:
Please note that by completing the application, you agree to participate in the event with the collection you have designed and manufactured, which must be completed to the event.
For more information about the fashion show and the search, please contact our team by e-mail for more information: email@example.com After the application deadline, we will contact all applicants no later than April 1, 2022 and let everyone know in person if they will be selected. We will make a written agreement with those who are selected to participate.